Monday, November 11, 2013

The Quilt Retreat

This past weekend was filled with great company and quilting. I attended the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild's first retreat weekend. The Quilt Place Retreat Center provided a cozy and beautiful space to get together and be creative.

Of course, I couldn't decide what to pack so I brought everything that fit into a jumbo-sized suitcase. I did get a lot done while I was there. Here are some photos:
Our Workspace all weekend!
My Cozy Bedroom!
Since we had an odd number, I was lucky enough to get my own room.
How sweet is that?
I loved this green and pink log cabin quilt.

Our view of the water for breakfast each day.

The front of the Retreat Center B and B.

The Dock View overlooking the Indian River

So many pretty views!
Pool and Hot Tub available!
Saturday Morning Workshop: We learned about mediums on fabric that can act just like watercolors when a wet brush is used.
My first use of Inktense Pencils. (Thanks Katherine for a wonderful workshop!)
I want a set for Christmas!
Played "strip" poker! I had a lucky night.
Great gift bag with fabric and other swag from "The Quilt Place".
 Our stay included exclusive shopping time at The Quilt Place with a discount on our purchase. Check out these great fabrics I picked up:



Check out these quilts hanging in The Quilt Place! I left there so inspired.










More projects I finished:
Quilt top for someone special this Christmas!
(I won't say who in case they are reading this.)

Front of Mug Rug for OMQG Holiday Party!
(My first mug rug actually.)
I just love the little blue bird in the bottom corner of this scrap fabric I used.
She was a fun surprise. 

Back of Mug Rug
Front of Pot Holder

Back of pot holder...mmmm coffee!
 Borrowed Michelle's book of mini projects to make this tea bag holder:

A little Christmas stocking gift for someone special.

Completed 3 Christmas BOM for the next guild meeting.

I finished the quilt top for my godson's Christmas gift. These are just some of the Halloween blocks from my guildmates and I really love it! The back will be pieced with the rest of the blocks and other random scraps of Halloween-themed fabrics I have.


(Sorry for the blurry mess. I will post better pics when I have it all quilted.)

I could write a mini book about my time away and still not cover all of the great fun we had. I am forever grateful for the company of these talented, wonderful women. My cheeks still hurt from laughing so much.

Packing up to leave there was a sadness, much like I imagine leaving the last day of summer camp. It was hard to say goodbye to my friends and go back to work today.

I can't wait for our next adventure.

No comments: