Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Musings - Day 7

Who knew I could blog seven days in a row and still get my work done? I sure didn't think it was possible. I like that my OCD about posting something each day this month has kept me motivated. (I can't leave any gaps or I will be mad at the world, well mostly just myself for not seeing consecutive numbers in the blog archive.)

So today, is Photo Mosiac day and I thought I would share a few of my favorite things. Lucky for you, I am not into video blogging or you would have to suffer though a horrible rendition of Julie Andrews's song about raindrops, kittens and woolen mittens.



I love a good rainbow! There are few things in life that can make me smile larger than when I see a perfect ROY G BIV waiting for me to admire or cut up.

Images from left to right, top to bottom:

I enjoy doodling with Sharpies. My Sharpie art usually has abstract shapes and lots of color. This image is a bit blurry here but the original was used to create one of my earliest art quilts many years ago. It's the image I use as my photo on G+, Flickr, and other "Sewn With Curves" image icons.

The rainbow rose was recently posted on my FB page by a "guildmate" who saw it and thought of me. I took the original image which actually describes how to make this rainbow rose by cutting the stem and placing it in various food colors to achieve a gorgeous look. I cropped the image and made it a bit more bold so I can design a new fabric piece soon.

The new Kona Solids jelly roll and charm pack has been staring at me for a few months now and I think I've finally come up with a pattern worthy of it's rainbow glory. (Now I just need to somehow add extra hours in the day so I can quilt more. I've tried sleeping less but nobody wants to be around me when I get too cranky.)

Coffee is all that I really need as a pick me up. I don't always have (or need) a biscotti at hand but a dark roast coffee is a must. My French press never goes a day without making magic happen in the kitchen. I've even made a rainbow cozy to keep my French press all snug and warm so it can do its thing while keeping my coffee hot until I'm ready for my next dose.


The "lady sewing" was also a FB post from another friend who is an amazing seamstress. (Her Halloween costumes are stunning!) She posted this over the weekend to describe how she was spending her Saturday. I saved it and am still searching for the original artist. She just found it by accident on Google a while back and can't find it again. I want to remake this woman on canvas with a more curves and an afro. If you know where this from, please let me know!

___________________

These are just some of the images and fabrics that have sparked creativity. Making this collage was a lot of fun and I plan on cataloging all of my quilts and canvas art later this year. I look forward to sharing works in progress and completed art/quilts with you when I'm done.

No comments: