Sunday, September 22, 2013

Razzleberry: A Sweet Treat!

After returning from an interesting work conference, I woke up early Saturday for our OMQG Sew Day. I was so glad I did. Julie Creus from La Todera was there to share her Razzleberry pincushion. I love that her pattern had clear pictures of each step along the way. She's really creative and such a patient teacher!

I complained a bit about hand sewing and ended up with a little short cut that helped me make the little poofs more uniform. I left Sew Day with a robin's egg nest. (And really sore fingers from pulling on the thread.)
I came home and took some carpet thread and a carpet needle to cinch up the little pouch before stuffing them. It worked a lot better than just regular, strong thread and was easier to hold while closing. I whipped out the last 12 poofs in record time. I hot glued them in place and was so pleased with the results. How sweet is this?
Razzleberry Pincushion

Halloween!

Today, I worked on my Halloween BOM and loved the freedom of making a 12.5 inch block in any design that I want. At Sew Day, I was in awe of Debbe's fabrics from the Michael Miller's "Nevermore" line. (Her quilt is going to be amazing.) She shared a few of her extra squares with me and I couldn't wait to make a dark homage to one of Poe's most famous works, "The Raven". 


I love the script, the colors, and the imagery it brings to mind. The English teacher in me went into super geek mode over this beautiful line of fabrics. I am definitely putting this fabric collection on my wishlist for Christmas/Birthday. What do you think of this collection?

I want to make a few more squares to see if I can come back home with it after our next guild meeting. Fingers crossed that I win all the blocks from one of my favorite holidays.

Wishing you a happy and productive week.

No comments: